Yup. That’s right. 2014 is here and it’s time to create a bunch of new year resolutions and goals that I will most likely never finish, but hey… it never hurts to try 😉
Besides the traditional goals, like losing weight, saving money, use less of facebook… ect, I have a bunch of art goals in mind. I haven’t used my blog in quite sometime, but I hope I can start posting again for these purposes… although, I know a lot of people are using Instagram these days, and with the new purchase of my first smartphone; I can now unleash the Seattle hipster inside me and use it as my little art-selphies or whatever the kids call it these days. Below is my so called 52 week goals. I won’t beat myself up if I miss a week here and there, as I tend to be busy with actual “work work” and all the stuff I want to do is a pretty tall order… but it’s nice to have a target or something to remind me that I have a laundry list of unlocked goals I can do, rather than browse more baby pics on facebook or puppy videos on Youtube.
I don’t know if anyone actually checks my blog, but feel free to join in if you’re interested. 🙂
52 Sketchbook Studies (Make at least 10 of each)
FREE WEEK!!! eyes + noses mouth + ears hair and facial hair women faces men faces hands +feet arms + legs female + male torsos+backs Human skeleton female + male bodies children
- Clothing from modern day street wear
- Clothing from modern day formal wear
- Armor – Medieval
- Armor – Asian
- Armor – Modern
- Elephants + Rhinos
- Bovine + other hooved animals
- Rodents + bats
- Rock and Stone texture
- 1 point perspective
- 1 point perspective objects
- 1 point perspective landscapes
- 2 point perspective
- 2 point perspective objects
- 2 point perspective landscapes
- 3 point perspective
- 3 point perspective objects
- 3 point perspective landscapes
- fish eye perspective
- fish eye perspective objects
- fish eye perspective landscapes
- Glass + metal
- FREE WEEK!!!
- fire + water
- FREE WEEK!!!
Weekly Movie Screenshot Speed Painting Studies
- Basically a new scene from any movie and spend less than an hour on it.
Monthly 3D Character
- Pull out a new Character each month.
Monthly Traditional Study
- sumi ink
- watercolor painting
- Screen printing
- oil painting